Wednesday, March 3, 2010

(5)

According to my online "nutritionist", I only have 771 calories remaining to consume for the day out of my suggested 1,371 daily calorie intake if I plan to shed off 1.5 pounds every week.

For the past two weeks or so, I have been trying to live...well "healthy" if you can call it that way. I was never really into exercise or those diet plans. I've always wanted to maintain my skinny frame and the way I do is I normally eat less like 1-2 meals a day and go out to walk more. So far it works but ever since thesis started, you just cannot help but eat and always feel hungry especially with the workload and the amount of pressure. To simply put it, I got fat and nowhere near my usual skinny self!

When the new year roll in, I decided to try and exercise more even if it is just jogging once a week or doing 15 min pilates daily. Towards the end of January my classmates decided for us to go to Boracay this summer. Thanks to them for adding the pressure, I now definitely have to comply with "healthy living" resolution if I want to get back that body. So this is was basically my diet-slash-fitness program that I came up with:
1. Daily Calorie Intake: 1200
2. One hour jogging twice a week
3. 2 sets of sit-ups and stretching exercises daily
4. No more desserts!

For the first two weeks of February, I was able to follow my program and saw that I got to shed off 2 lbs. However when Midterms and now with practicum came along, this program is starting to become "I don't think so" instead "Yes we can!". So I decided to do some revisions that will now hopefully suit my hectic schedule

1. Regularly update my food diary in MyPlate.com to follow the suggested 1,371 daily calorie intake
2. 3-4 sets of sit-ups and 20-30 mins pilates daily
3. Still no more desserts! (I'm proud to say that it has been 3 weeks and sticking to yogurt instead of cakes!)

By the end of April, hopefully I'm 5-7 lbs lighter (and ideally speaking, with a flat tummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment