Saturday, March 6, 2010

(6)

\Photobucket
My healthy alternative afternoon snack

I spent my Saturday just bumming around the house (well more like in the living room in front of the plasma tv). Whenever I get the chance to just do nothing for the whole day, I usually take advantage of it since it is now a rare occasion for me to just bum around given my hectic acads life plus thesis and practicum. While doing the usual channel surfing routine (mtv - channel v -discovery travel and living - ftv - etc - bio) and having my nomnom moment with my "health snack", I stumbled into travel and living and it was showing Project Runway. I thought they were showing the new season but then all I saw at first was season 2 runner-up Daniel Vosovic (which I didn't mind at all because I used to have this huge crush on him even if he is gay), then Jeffrey, then Uli, and then other past contestants. It turns out that it was the Project Runway All-Star Challenge wherein 8 previous contestants were again going to battle it out to find out who among them is IN or OUT.

The challenge was for them to create a mini collection consisting of three pieces that reflects who they are as a designer and to show how much they have grown since leaving the show. In Project Runway fashion, there was a last minute surprise where they have to create a fourth look made out of unconventional materials. In this case, the materials were from a restaurant. The winner of the challenge is going to receive 100,000 dollars. It may not be Bryant Park but it is definitely good enough.

The winning piece from Daniel's collection (I would kill for those legs)
I really like the pants but "meh" with the top
Definitely one of my favorites. Who knew that we can expect something like this from Chris. I love the pairing of the pumpkin colored tights with the plaid.
I really liked Uli's collection especially with this dress. Her pieces are definitely what women and girls my age would love to wear
Koto really knows what women wants

If I were to judge the designs of the contestants I would have rank it this way: 1. Koto 2. Chris 3. Uli 4. Daniel

If Chris didn't go overboard with his red-carpet design, then I think he should have won because he is really the one that grown the most as a designer and to think that he is a costume designer. But if we are looking at the collection as a whole, then Koto should have definitely won over Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment