Sunday, February 28, 2010

(3)

"Here, a hole that fits mine" - Effy, Skins 4X5: Freddie

(kayascollywogs, fuckyeahfreffy)

Freddie's episode of Skins Series 4 is probably the most emotionally-charged, heart wrenching, and intense episode throughout the whole series. I think that this for me is the best episode so far throughout the series. However, I am still holding onto that until I see Effy's episode which happens to be the last one for the second generation. I spent the whole episode crying and I could not contain it. What was my reaction after watching it?

WHY EFFY? WHY? WHY DID YOU DO THAT TO YOURSELF? TO FREDDIE? FREDDIE GAVE YOU HIS PROMISE? (Insert back to crying)

Plot wise aside, I'm sure all of you noticed that there were a lot of beautiful and cinematic shots throughout the episode just like with the previous Freddie episode in Series 3. Beautiful camera shots, beautiful lighting and colors, beautiful music int the background, and with beautiful people to boot who look beautiful together. The camera just really love them don't they. The world is just unfair

Although not really in skins-fashion, I am still wishing for a happy ending for these two. Guess we will just have to wait and see with the 3 episodes left. Now I shall leave you with the dialogue from my second favorite scene.

Freddie: There's no future without her
Cook: Fuck the future
Freddie: There's nothing anymore!
Cook: There's nothing but now, mate!
Freddie: What have I done? What did I do?
Cook:You went to the end of the fucking earth, man.
The end of the fucking earth. You're gonna have to go further now, mate.
For her. For you. For me.

P.S. Now where is my Freddie?

No comments:

Post a Comment