Monday, April 26, 2010

(18)

New "word of the day": EPIC X

I spent my Saturday night hanging with two of my close high school friends and having a few drinks with them. During the course of our discussion which revolve around the usual topic of boys, relationships, feelings, and...well you basically get the gist, my friend brought up this term that I'm sure everyone can relate to: the Epic X

So what is an "Epic X"?

epic |'ep - ik| x |'eks|
1. That one boy or girl that you somehow cannot get over with because of any of the following reasons:
  • You were the dumpee and not the dumper
  • You were the one being left this time and you just cannot understand why
  • That one person that you never got to be with or returned the same feelings
  • He or she was your first love (This one is optional)
2. That one boy or girl that still has a tremendous effect on you regardless of how long it has been
3. The person that has the power to make you drop everything (and by that it literally means everything) whenever he or she asks a request from you. For example: Her boyfriend cannot bring her home and you gladly offer; She asks you to "give it another shot", however you are already seeing someone but in a heartbeat you gladly accept it.

Looking at its definition, I'm sure most of us would rather be the Epic X than have an Epic X

edit: Check out my friend's entry regarding the Epic X. She has one long list that I'm sure you will find yourself agreeing with.

2 comments: